The role of an international business development manager is to help export the company’s services on a global basis. Reporting to senior management within the organisation, you will manage all aspects of the company’s business.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Achieve business growth by implementing territorial operational plans, increasing market share and by so doing, achieve monthly sales targets;
- Constantly seek to expand and improve the distribution of services to service users in allocated markets and worldwide;
- Manage, develop and implement strategies effectively for growth in respective markets.
- Ensure full support to the company’s service users with all necessary promotional, educational and technical support material;
- To maintain, regulate and record all communication had between yourself and service users/third parties;
- Understand business goals and objectives in order to set performance standards, in line with the company’s set targets and budgets. In order to achieve business growth, business objectives must be met;
- To conduct research, economic trends and analysing foreign markets, networking, negotiating, arranging appointments and putting together presentations aimed at attracting either customers or investors.
- Identify new business opportunities and recommend to Marketing and Sales departments’ action plans to ensure success;
- Establish positive networking with company’s value added customers, industry leaders and government officials from respective country;
- Develop professional relationships with key decision-makers in respective market;
- Identify and recommend to the Sales and Marketing departments, the most appropriate regional exhibitions;
- Liaise closely with members of other departments within the company, working closely to ensure sufficient productivity;
- Plan recruitment Expo’s/Fairs and Events for respective markets both in UK and Overseas;
- Provide a brief activity report for each export trip undertaken. Cover performance, forecasts and key market movements;
- Liaise with International Offices within colleges and Universities worldwide;
- First point of call to liaise with International Offices for respective market; Build Service User database and by doing so meeting individual set monthly targets;
- To gain substantial knowledge of higher education systems in the UK and respective market.
- A good understanding of your market and knowledge of competitors
- In conjunction with the General Manager, to co-ordinate the implementation and delivery of the company’s business development strategy and business plan.