- Study Level:FdA
- Start Date:September 2020
- Duration:2 Years
- Course Fee (Home Student):£7008.00
- Course Fee (Degree+):£9,000
FdA Childhood Studies, Care & Education
Education, Childhood & Youth
It is suitable for those working in Early years or primary school provision to further develop skills to Level 5. It is aimed at those already supporting teaching as Teaching Assistants/1-1 Support Assistants and Early Years Practitioners to enhance skills. This course will equip you with the specialist knowledge and skills needed to support your continued development in this profession of working with children.
Studying for a Childhood Studies, Care and Education degree with our work-based learning programme Degree+, gives you the opportunity to earn and gain valuable professional experience.
Degree+ Trainee Opportunities
- Education Consultant
- Youth Worker
- Special Educational Needs Teacher
- Learning Mentor
- Early Childhood Education Specialist
- You will need 48 UCAS tariff points from at least two A levels, or equivalent
- UCAS tariff points from Scottish Highers or Advanced Highers are accepted
- UCAS tariff points from the Irish Leaving Certificate are accepted
- Welsh Baccalaureate
- UCAS tariff points from BTEC level 3 Diplomas are accepted
- International Baccalaureate: full diploma, achieving at least 24 points
- Access to HE Diploma: at least nine credits must be achieved at Distinction grades, with all remaining level 3 credits at Merit grades
- Edexcel/BTEC National: Distinction/Merit
- GCSE English and Maths grade 4 and above and if you are interested in a teaching career will also require Science
- You should have studied within the last five years and achieved the required Level 3 qualification in relevant subjects together with two years experience working within the sector.
- All applicants will be invited to an admission interview before an offer is made.
We welcome applications from mature students (aged 21 and over as at 1st September in the academic year of admission) and do not necessarily require the same academic qualifications as school leaving applicants. Applicants will be invited to attend an admission interview and will be advised of the criteria in advance.