- Study Level:MA
- Start Date:September 2020
- Application Deadline:July 2020
- Duration:1 year
- Course Fee : £22,800 per year
- Earn While You Learn:£8.50 Per Hour
- Course Location:Birmingham,UK
- Course Code:EVT7091
MA Events, Festival and Exhibition Management
Business , Management & Leadership
On this innovative course you will develop the professional skills necessary for a successful events and exhibition management career. The first of its kind in the UK, this exciting course has been developed with The National Exhibition Centre (NEC), meaning you’ll learn straight from top industry professionals.
This course has a real emphasis on gaining practical skills and utilising your creativity. Our graduates have gone on to work for the NEC group, established event production companies both in the UK and abroad.
The Qualifications have developed the learner’s ability to:
- Set up for a successful career in the industry. You will have an understanding of professional techniques and the current intellectual challenges you will face in a role in events and exhibition management.
- Focus on both independent learning and teamwork to produce and manage events exhibitions, you will be prepared for a variety of ways of working.
- Prepared to innovate by applying traditions of research and inquiry to deal creatively with complicated issues.
- Critical evaluation skills and knowledge of research traditions and current scholarship leave you equipped to communicate ideas to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Module Structure
- The Events and Exhibition Industry
- Events and Exhibition Production
- Research in Practice
- Major Project (Dissertation)
Degree+ Trainee Opportunities
International Student Earns £200 a month with the maximum of 20 hours a week.
UK Student Earns £8.50p/h with the maximum of 20 hours a week.
Work-based learning Opportunities:
- Event planner
- Event coordinator
- Wedding planner
- Event manager
- Event organiser
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
- IELTS minimum 6.5 overall with no fail.
- Minimum 2:2 class degree
English language requirements:
We consider applicants who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards;
- Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further
- With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.