- Course Code :EDU6772
- Course Type:Standard
- Course Fee:£15,900 Per Year
- Duration:3 years
- Course Location:Northampton, UK
- Course Delivery:Online
BA (Hons) Early Childhood Study
Education, Childhood & Youth
The Early Childhood Studies degree takes a holistic approach to the development of young children,
from birth to the age of eight and provides opportunities to apply this learning in placement
settings. The degree draws on a range of disciplines, including psychology, sociology, early years
pedagogy, policy, law, health, philosophy, and leadership and management, providing you with the
breadth of knowledge to pursue careers in early childhood education and care, education, health
and social care.
The Qualifications have developed the learner’s ability to:
- Give you a broad understanding of the theoretical and professional issues that underpin
the care and education of infants and young children.
- Prepared for a career in any aspect of Early Childhood Education and Care, equipped to
work with families and colleagues from a variety of professions.
- Gain an understanding and awareness of the rapidly evolving nature of early childhood
education and care provision in England, Europe and throughout the world.
- Observe, listen and plan for young children to support their well-being, early learning,
progression and transitions
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they
have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT:
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict
access and progression:
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail where English is not the students’ first language.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
- Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’
Levels or vocational awards;
- Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers
- With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
- Studying Child Development in the Early Years
- Children’s Health and Well-Being
- Introduction to Children in Society
- Work Based Learning in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Personal, Academic and Professional Development 1
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
- Trainee Play Therapist
- Trainee Social Worker
- Trainee Children’s Counselor
- Trainee Special Educational Needs Coordinator
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 7 Master in Early Childhood Studies