- Course Code:CDS6782
- Course Type :Standard
- Course Fee:£15,900 per year
- Duration:3 Years
- Course Location:Northampton, UK
- Course Delivery :Online
BA (Hons) Childhood and Youth
Education, Childhood & Youth
Develop your knowledge and understanding of the lives and experiences of children, young people
and their families through academic study and work-based learning. This practical degree supports
your academic and professional development to enhance your skills and career prospects. You will
explore a range of topics affecting children, young people and their families, for example, mental
health, youth offending and poverty.
The Qualifications have developed the learner’s ability to:
- Learn through the use of seminars, workshops, work-based activities, online learning and
- Organised specialist guest speakers to run sessions, for example, exploring the impact of
domestic violence. In addition, we arrange study trips, for example to a local prison and to
local schools to carry out project work.
- Receive mentoring and support to help you make the most out of your work-based
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they
have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict
access and progression:
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail where English is not the students’ first language.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants who have:
- Demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’
Levels or vocational awards
- Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers
- With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
- Children, Young People, Their Rights And The Law
- Promoting Children and Young People’s Emotional Well being
- Introduction to Childhood and Youth
- Work Based Learning in Children and Young People’s Services
- Development, Health and Learning
- Development, Health and Learning: Working Together
WORK BASED LEARNING OPPORTUNITY:
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
- Trainee Early Years Teacher
- Trainee Education Consultant
- Trainee Learning Mentor
- Trainee Primary School Teacher
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 7 Master in Childhood and Youth
Fee breakdown: 30% upfront cost with remaining fees paid in 7 additional payments paid on a
monthly basis thereafter.