- Study Level:BSc (Hons)
- Start Date:September 2020
- Duration:3 Years
- Course Fee (Home Student):£9,250
- Course Fee (International Student):£12,250
- Course Fee (Degree+):£9,000
BSc (Hons) Cybersecurity
Computing and IT
BSc Cyber Security aims to give students a fundamental understanding of how to protect organisations, networks, IT systems and individuals against Cyber attacks and Cyber threats. This course covers all the main topic areas required by the British Computing Society for an accredited Cyber Security degree, and includes understanding of Cyber threats and attacks, and the criminal sub-culture which is increasingly profiting from those attacks, how to manage information and the risks to that information, practical approaches to implementing physical and process controls to reduce information threats etc.
Studying for a Cybersecurity degree with our work-based learning programme Degree+, gives you the opportunity to earn and gain valuable professional experience.
Degree+ Trainee Opportunities
- Information Security Analyst
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Engineer
- A Level minimum of BC or CDE.
- BTEC QCF Extended Diploma grade MMP, BTEC QCF Diploma grade DM
- Access to HE Diploma full award (Pass of 60 credits – of which a minimum of 45 credits must be at level 3 including 18 at Merit or Distinction).
- If you’ve got other qualifications or relevant experience, please contact The Gateway for further advice before applying.
- International entry requirements and application guidance can be found here
Students must have studied a minimum of two years post GCSE level. However, it is expected that some applicants will be mature students with work experience, who wish to further their career development. These applicants will be processed through standard procedures, which may involve an interview as part of the process.
English Language Requirements:
All students must demonstrate that they meet the minimum English language requirements.