- Study Level:B.A (Hons)
- Start Date:September 2020
- Duration:1 Year
- Course Fee (Home Student):£7008.00
- Course Fee (Degree+):£9,000
- Price 7008.00
BA (Hons) Childhood Studies, Care & Education (Level 6)
Education, Childhood & Youth
This course will support the continued development of personal attributes and qualities alongside the specialist knowledge and skills required to gain a senior role; enhancing practice within the wider childhood, education and care sector.
Studying for a Childhood Studies, Care and Education degree with our work-based learning programme Degree+, gives you the opportunity to earn and gain valuable professional experience.
Degree+ Trainee Opportunities
- Education Consultant
- Youth Worker
- Special Educational Needs Teacher
- Learning Mentor
- Early Childhood Education Specialist
- Our typical offer is 240 CAT points at level 5
- GCSE Maths and English at grade 4 and above
- GCSE Science if you intend a teaching career
- UCAS tariff points from Scottish Highers or Advanced Highers are accepted
- UCAS tariff points from the Irish Leaving Certificate are accepted
• You must provide evidence of having been in general education for at least 10 years, achievement of a full level 5 qualification and two years experience working within the sector
• All applicants will be invited to an admission interview before an offer is made
We welcome applications from mature students (aged 21 and over as at 1st September in the academic year of admission) and do not necessarily require the same academic qualifications as school leaving applicants. Applicants will be invited to attend an admission interview and will be advised of the criteria in advance.