- Study Level:B.A.(Hons)
- Start Date:September 2020
- Application Deadline:31st July 2020
- Duration:1 Year
- Course Fee (Home Student):£6,000
- Course Fee (Degree+):£9,000
B.A.(Hons) Early Childhood Studies
Education, Childhood & Youth
You will build on your existing knowledge and develop real competence and critical judgement in a childcare context so you can progress within the industry.
The course will give you the academic knowledge to succeed in this constantly-changing field, as well as an in-depth understanding of children’s social, physical, emotional and intellectual needs. You will study the contemporary environment surrounding those who work with children as well as exploring and implementing support strategies and improving your communication and management skills.
Studying for an Early Childhood Studies degree with our work-based learning programme Degree+, gives you the opportunity to earn and gain valuable professional experience.
Degree+ Trainee Opportunities
- Education Consultant
- Youth Worker
- Special Educational Needs Teacher
- Learning Mentor
- Early Childhood Education Specialist
You will need to be aged 18 years or over on or before 31 August of the academic year the course commences.
Applicants must have one of the following:
- A relevant HND with a merit profile
- A Foundation Degree with 240 credits
- 220 credits with a 50% grade average
Applicants must also have GCSE/IGCSE English language and maths grades A*-C or grade 9-4, or an equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills qualification.