- Course Code:ART6842
- Course Type:Standard
- Course Fee:£15,900 Per Year
- Duration:3 Years
- Course Location:Northampton, UK
- Course Delivery:Online
BA (Hons) Fine Arts
Art & Design
Our Fine Art undergraduate course gives you the chance to explore contemporary approaches to
fine art across a range of disciplines, making use of our excellent resources for printmaking,
painting, photography, digital arts, video and sculpture. You will build confidence with various
media, informed by historical and contemporary references, cultural and social contexts and the
professional requirements you will need to meet when you graduate. We encourage our students
to engage in live projects, competitions and exhibitions throughout the course.
The Qualifications have developed the learner’s ability to:
- give you an informed and critical understanding of contemporary practices and debates,
encouraging the development of your creative and critical intelligence and showing you
how to integrate innovative thinking with practical ability.
- Explore and question the nature of any given medium and/or hybrid practices and you will
have the opportunity to explore art as an instrument for social change and a way of
improving our society and culture
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they
have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT:
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict
access and progression:
- IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail where English is not the students’ first language.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
- Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’
Levels or vocational awards;
- Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers
- With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
- Understanding the Visual
- Introduction to Media Practice
- Extended Studio Practice and Context
- Introduction to Drawing in Fine Art Practice
- Professional Studies
- Media Practice 2
- Fine Art Practice 2
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
- Trainee Commercial Art Gallery Manager
- Trainee Community Arts Worker
- Trainee Exhibition Designer
- Trainee Fine Artist
- Trainee Illustrator
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 7 Master in Arts